Hopefully you’re reading this because you’re a bit intrigued by what the U in Beauty is all about. Now, I don’t normally condone using letters instead of words, but in this case U had a double meaning, it’s literally the U, from ‘beauty’ (dah, I know) and of course I’m asking you to remember you when it comes to all things beauty.
As a professional stylist, I hear women often tell me that they don’t really know what they’re doing when it comes to all matters of looking good. ‘I don’t know the first thing about makeup’ they’ll say in a sort of brush-off tone, as though they’re justifying something. So I thought I’d share my insights as an industry exert. I have endless tips and simple to-the-point advice for you on how to improve your hair and makeup skills. The internet is dripping in ‘makeup tips’, many of which have been regurgitated so many times over that I’m not sure what shred of truth they’re still gripping on to. Some get under my skin, as they give false expectations and other are close to helpful but don’t really explain much to the every day woman. I’ve styled hundreds of photoshoots and works as a wedding hair and makeup artists nearly every weekend, so my main source of knowledge has been hands on (and lets face it, 10 years worth of trial and error). I don’t share any advice that I haven’t personally tried myself and I also won’t debunk any advice that I haven’t personally tried.
I’ll do my best to share the practical know-how along with the idealistic artistic visions that’s true to my heart. Yes I love the creative side of being a stylist but I also love making women feel good about who they are – you know, the ‘real you’. And let’s be real – hair styling, makeup artistry and fashion bottom line is all about what looks good right? It’s a superficial industry, and anyone who’s pretty is probably brainless. Wrong! Something I know for sure is that beauty is far deeper than looking pretty. I want you to take my industry know-how and do good, use it to be beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment